Monday, March 24, 2014

                                     "Individuals in groups"  ( by Carol Tavris )

     Definitely people's behavior and attitude change when they are in a group.
   According to the article " Individual in groups written by Carol Tavris, the author explain to us the difference whiting people when there are engage with others or alone. Tavris states that human being by nature respond distinct in a emergency situation when they are in groups. The article point out that expert such as psychologist took students and put them in groups or alone in dangerous situations and the result showed  that the reaction in  people where totally distinct, while people in a groups were no concern about to help others in-contrast a person on their own went and offer help without thinking twice. The main idea of Tavris article is that basically people in groups do not take the initiative to risk they lives to provide help to other. Tavris means that people in a groups assume that other people will do it first. This issue is what's Psychologist call  "diffusion of responsibility or Social loafing". I agree with Tavris' article, because people in groups are insensible, lazy and irresponsible care about help others.

         I believe that people  behavior in a groups change because,every one think that " No body will take advantage of me they say themselves I'm  going to let that  someone do it first." therefore any of them  do nothing  waiting actually that some one in a groups do it. In fact each others take a easy  position and at the end ................

     In my personal experience, I have to say that Iam a hard worker woman, and I don't like that my boos has any complain about me, I always do my jobs as best as I can. However, I act completely different when I am with my cop-workers, for instance, I work in a school cafeteria we are 5 women and 2 men but today 3 women miss the day, for different reasons each one, at a result we two had to made the work of 5 people. I end the day really tired we did a double of assignment  that we had supposed to do. In addiction I worked my 8 hours without break, because I knew that the others workers were not there.In fact I encourage myself because I felt that it was my duty, in order to get done the job end. In contrast when every come to work we of curse waste time as most as possible and ask one to another who go to do that or this. Honestly it is not the same divisibility when were are in a group as we do when we are alone
.
   Definitely I  have to recognize that be in group became me the a hard worker woman in a loafer one, it is the truth. Another example that I want to share with you is My daughters Emely is the most lazier persona that I know she always refuses to help me at home , because she says that her older sister and I have to organize the house and wash the dishes. However when Emely is at home and I am working and her sister in is in college Emely wash the dishes and clean the house more over she does it better than me, so it my prove that she is no lazy she just regard the responsibility to us because she knows that we do it .                      
id  the work of 5 people                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment